Lumia 530: Uncompromised Smartphone Performance For Under 100 Euros
Microsoft Devices Group today announced the Lumia 530, the most affordable Lumia to date, delivering an uncompromised smartphone experience with the latest Microsoft and Lumia innovations. It is expected to be available for an estimated retail price of 85 euros before taxes and subsidies, beginning in August 2014.
Available in both single-SIM 3G and dual-SIM 3G variants, Lumia 530 will expand the reach of Windows Phone as the first Lumia introduced below 100 euros, allowing more people to enjoy the innovations and Microsoft services found in high-end Lumia smartphones, which includes the following:
- The latest version of Windows Phone 8.1 including one-swipe notifications from Action Center, and the fast Word Flow keyboard
- A powerful quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor that delivers a fast user experience of favorite apps, gaming and Internet browsing on the 4-inch LCD display
- Seamless integration with Microsoft services such as Skype and Microsoft Office, available right out of the box
- Popular social apps such as Instagram, WhatsApp, Viber and WeChat, plus key gaming apps such as Asphalt 8, available in the Windows Phone Store.
- The dual-SIM 3G variant for easy switching between two SIM cards, helping people manage their data costs
- Smooth performance with signature Lumia apps such as Creative Studio and Glam Me, which help people take voice-guided selfies with the 5-megapixel rear camera
- More content and apps with 4 GB of onboard memory, expandable with SD cards up to 128 GB, and an additional 15 GB of free cloud storage on Microsoft OneDrive that lets people sync, store, access and share files between Lumia 530 and computers, laptops and tablets
Nokia Lumia 530
“We are moving quickly to help more people experience the uncompromised Lumia technologies, third-party apps and Microsoft services that we deliver on our flagship products,” said Jo Harlow, corporate vice president of Microsoft Devices Group. “Lumia 530 underscores our commitment to making affordable smartphones for everyone, and introducing more people to the best of Microsoft.”
Available in both single-SIM 3G and dual-SIM 3G variants, Lumia 530 will expand the reach of Windows Phone as the first Lumia introduced below 100 euros
Microsoft also announced the rechargeable Bang by Coloud speaker. Perfect for enjoying music with friends, Bang by Coloud is portable so people can connect multiple speakers together for a loud daisy chain of sound.
The Lumia 530 comes with changeable cover shells in bright orange, bright green, and stylish neutrals dark grey and white. The Lumia 530 will be available globally and begins rolling out in select markets in August 2014.
- Jun 24, 2014
Microsoft Unveils Nokia X2On Tuesday, Microsoft Devices Group unveiled the Nokia X2, the newest addition to the expanding Nokia X family of affordable smartphones designed to introduce the “next billion” people to the mobile Internet and cloud services. Like the Nokia X, the new Nokia X2 provides access to a world of Android apps and popular Microsoft services, while allowing people to switch between their favorite apps with the Fastlane feature...
- Apr 2, 2014
New Nokia's Flagship Lumia 930 Announced, Along With Lumia 635, Lumia 630 And Windows Phone 8.1Today at Microsoft's Build 2014, Nokia announced three Lumia smartphones based on Windows Phone 8. Nokia Announces Windows Phone 8.1 Will Come To All Lumia Smartphones Running Windows Phone 8..
- Feb 24, 2014
Nokia Unveils New Affordable Smartphones: Android-Powered Nokia X, X+ and XL, Asha 230 and Nokia 220Today at Mobile World Congress, Nokia underscored its commitment to connecting the next billion to the Internet by releasing five new affordable handsets, including Nokia X, a family of smartphones that run Android apps, Microsoft services and signature Nokia experiences. "Our deliberate approach is to offer four tiers of products including our affordable entry-level devices like the new Nokia 220; our entry-level Asha touch phones like the new Nokia Asha 230; our new Nokia X, Nokia X+ and Nokia XL smartphones primarily for growth economies; and our Lumia portfolio, which is where we introduce the greatest innovation and provide full compatibility with the Microsoft experience," he added...
- Feb 12, 2014
New Nokia Lumia Icon To Be Available on February 20Preorders for the new Nokia Lumia Icon will be offered at all Microsoft retail store locations, Microsoft announced Wednesday. “The Microsoft retail stores are excited to offer our customers the new Nokia Lumia Icon for purchase,” said Kelly Soligon, senior director, Marketing and Experiences for Microsoft retail stores...
- Sep 16, 2013
New Nokia 108 Ultra-Affordable Camera Phone Starts At Just $29Nokia today unveiled two new ultra-affordable camera phones: the Nokia 108 and the Nokia 108 Dual SIM. For the next billion people and beyond, we aim to bring new mobile experiences to ever-lower price points, and the Nokia 108 and Nokia 108 Dual SIM are great examples of this commitment."..