New Nokia's Flagship Lumia 930 Announced, Along With Lumia 635, Lumia 630 And Windows Phone 8.1
Today at Microsoft's Build 2014, Nokia announced three Lumia smartphones based on Windows Phone 8.1 and a series of exclusive Nokia features. Nokia confirmed that Windows Phone 8.1 is scheduled to be available across the entire Lumia Windows Phone 8 portfolio as an over-the-air update this summer following testing and partner approvals.
- The Nokia Lumia 930 is a flagship smartphone which delivers the best of Microsoft and Lumia for the ultimate video and imaging experience.
- The Nokia Lumia 635 and Nokia Lumia 630 offer an uncompromised Windows Phone 8.1 experience and bring Microsoft and Lumia innovations to more affordable prices.
- The Nokia Lumia 630 comes in two variants and introduces more choice as the first Lumia with dual-SIM, targeted for growth markets like China and India.
- New devices introduce 'SensorCore', which provides innovative low-power motion sensing with Bing Health and Fitness - SensorCore SDK also being piloted with select partners ahead of public release.
- The entire Lumia range with Windows Phone 8 will get an over-the-air update called Lumia Cyan, which will combine Windows Phone 8.1 and unique Lumia features into one update package.
- Windows Phone 8.1 introduces exciting new features - including more details at glance with LiveTiles, fast Word Flow keyboard and Action Center that help people get closer to things they love.
Nokia Lumia 930
"Today we are introducing people to the best of Lumia and the best of Microsoft through three stunning devices based on Windows Phone 8.1. In addition to the new developments from Microsoft, Nokia is delivering people an uncompromised imaging experience, great design and better business phones," said Stephen Elop, executive vice president of Nokia's Devices & Services. "We're also pleased to bring the great developments in Windows Phone 8.1 to the Lumia devices people love today."
People get closer to everything they love with Windows Phone 8.1 on Lumia
Starting this summer, Windows Phone 8.1 is set to roll out to existing Lumia Windows Phone 8 owners along with exclusive Lumia experiences as an over-the-air update called Lumia Cyan. Windows Phone 8.1 introduces more details at-a-glance through Live Tiles, one easy swipe to important notifications with Action Center, faster ways to connect and type with Word Flow and, starting in the US, a personal and proactive virtual assistant called Cortana. In addition, the Windows Phone 8.1 enterprise pack means existing Lumia Windows Phone 8 devices will become better business phones.
Nokia Announces Windows Phone 8.1 Will Come To All Lumia Smartphones Running Windows Phone 8
Accompanying the Windows Phone 8.1 over-the-air update will be new unique experiences for Lumia that further enhance Nokia's leadership in imaging. This includes enhancements to the camera roll and Creative Studio, as well as an improved Nokia Storyteller app, for sharing stories as a video slideshow on social networks.
The Nokia Lumia 930 is the flagship embodiment of Windows Phone 8.1, and features:
- A 20 megapixel PureView camera with ZEISS optics and advanced Rich Recording, delivering a flawless video and imaging experience with new Living Images innovation.
- A stunning design combining elegant metal and vibrant polycarbonate with a 5-inch ClearBlack screen for unmatched viewing of Vyclone, Netflix and Xbox Video, even in bright daylight.
- A Powerful 2.2GHz Snapdragon quad-core processor delivering more from content like apps, games, the Internet and integrated Microsoft services like OneDrive and Microsoft Office.
The Nokia Lumia 930 is expected to roll out globally in June starting with Europe, Asia, Middle East and India, available from USD 599 before taxes and subsidies.
Lumia 630 and Lumia 635
The Nokia Lumia 630 and Nokia Lumia 635 provide an uncompromised Windows Phone 8.1 experience at an affordable price, and deliver:
- A Snapdragon quad core processor providing a faster social experience with Word Flow and social apps like WhatsApp and WeChat.
- A unique colorful design with changeable shells and 4.5" ClearBlack screen delivering a great entertainment experience with apps and games including Asphalt 8 and Vimeo.
- More choice with three variants, including the Lumia 630 in 3G single SIM and the first Lumia with 3G Dual SIM; plus the speedy Lumia 635 in 4G/LTE.
- The same experiences as high-end Lumia smartphones including SensorCore with Bing Health and Fitness, Microsoft Office, Nokia Camera, free Nokia MixRadio streaming, and free Global maps and navigation from HERE, which save time and money.
The Nokia Lumia 630 is expected to roll out in May, beginning with Asia, India/Middle East, South America and Europe, at USD 159 for the single-sim variant, and USD 169 for the dual-sim variant before taxes and subsidies. The Nokia Lumia 635 is expected to be broadly available, including in the US starting in this summer, from USD 189 before taxes and subsidies.
- Feb 24, 2014
Nokia Unveils New Affordable Smartphones: Android-Powered Nokia X, X+ and XL, Asha 230 and Nokia 220Today at Mobile World Congress, Nokia underscored its commitment to connecting the next billion to the Internet by releasing five new affordable handsets, including Nokia X, a family of smartphones that run Android apps, Microsoft services and signature Nokia experiences. "Our deliberate approach is to offer four tiers of products including our affordable entry-level devices like the new Nokia 220; our entry-level Asha touch phones like the new Nokia Asha 230; our new Nokia X, Nokia X+ and Nokia XL smartphones primarily for growth economies; and our Lumia portfolio, which is where we introduce the greatest innovation and provide full compatibility with the Microsoft experience," he added...
- Feb 12, 2014
New Nokia Lumia Icon To Be Available on February 20Preorders for the new Nokia Lumia Icon will be offered at all Microsoft retail store locations, Microsoft announced Wednesday. “The Microsoft retail stores are excited to offer our customers the new Nokia Lumia Icon for purchase,” said Kelly Soligon, senior director, Marketing and Experiences for Microsoft retail stores...
- Sep 16, 2013
New Nokia 108 Ultra-Affordable Camera Phone Starts At Just $29Nokia today unveiled two new ultra-affordable camera phones: the Nokia 108 and the Nokia 108 Dual SIM. For the next billion people and beyond, we aim to bring new mobile experiences to ever-lower price points, and the Nokia 108 and Nokia 108 Dual SIM are great examples of this commitment."..
- Sep 3, 2013
Microsoft To Acquire Nokia’s Devices BusinessMicrosoft Corporation and Nokia Corporation today announced that the Boards of Directors for both companies have decided to enter into a transaction whereby Microsoft will purchase substantially all of Nokia’s Devices & Services business, license Nokia’s patents, and license and use Nokia’s mapping services. Under the terms of the agreement, Microsoft will acquire substantially all of Nokia’s Devices and Services business, including the Mobile Phones and Smart Devices business units as well as an industry-leading design team, operations including all Nokia Devices & Services-related production facilities, Devices & Services-related sales and marketing activities, and related support functions...
- Aug 28, 2013
Nokia 515 Offers Stylish Aluminium Body And 5MP CameraNokia today unveiled the Nokia 515, a premium mobile phone made with style-conscious people in mind. "When designing the Nokia 515 we set out to create a beautifully designed phone that people will be proud to own," said Peter Griffith, Head of Mobile Phones Industrial Design at Nokia...