New Nokia's Flagship Lumia 930 Announced, Along With Lumia 635, Lumia 630 And Windows Phone 8.1
Today at Microsoft's Build 2014, Nokia announced three Lumia smartphones based on Windows Phone 8.1 and a series of exclusive Nokia features. Nokia confirmed that Windows Phone 8.1 is scheduled to be available across the entire Lumia Windows Phone 8 portfolio as an over-the-air update this summer following testing and partner approvals.
Nokia Lumia 930
- The Nokia Lumia 930 is a flagship smartphone which delivers the best of Microsoft and Lumia for the ultimate video and imaging experience.
- The Nokia Lumia 635 and Nokia Lumia 630 offer an uncompromised Windows Phone 8.1 experience and bring Microsoft and Lumia innovations to more affordable prices.
- The Nokia Lumia 630 comes in two variants and introduces more choice as the first Lumia with dual-SIM, targeted for growth markets like China and India.
- New devices introduce 'SensorCore', which provides innovative low-power motion sensing with Bing Health and Fitness - SensorCore SDK also being piloted with select partners ahead of public release.
- The entire Lumia range with Windows Phone 8 will get an over-the-air update called Lumia Cyan, which will combine Windows Phone 8.1 and unique Lumia features into one update package.
- Windows Phone 8.1 introduces exciting new features - including more details at glance with LiveTiles, fast Word Flow keyboard and Action Center that help people get closer to things they love.
"Today we are introducing people to the best of Lumia and the best of Microsoft through three stunning devices based on Windows Phone 8.1. In addition to the new developments from Microsoft, Nokia is delivering people an uncompromised imaging experience, great design and better business phones," said Stephen Elop, executive vice president of Nokia's Devices & Services. "We're also pleased to bring the great developments in Windows Phone 8.1 to the Lumia devices people love today."
People get closer to everything they love with Windows Phone 8.1 on Lumia
Starting this summer, Windows Phone 8.1 is set to roll out to existing Lumia Windows Phone 8 owners along with exclusive Lumia experiences as an over-the-air update called Lumia Cyan. Windows Phone 8.1 introduces more details at-a-glance through Live Tiles, one easy swipe to important notifications with Action Center, faster ways to connect and type with Word Flow and, starting in the US, a personal and proactive virtual assistant called Cortana. In addition, the Windows Phone 8.1 enterprise pack means existing Lumia Windows Phone 8 devices will become better business phones.
Nokia Announces Windows Phone 8.1 Will Come To All Lumia Smartphones Running Windows Phone 8
Accompanying the Windows Phone 8.1 over-the-air update will be new unique experiences for Lumia that further enhance Nokia's leadership in imaging. This includes enhancements to the camera roll and Creative Studio, as well as an improved Nokia Storyteller app, for sharing stories as a video slideshow on social networks.
The Nokia Lumia 930 is the flagship embodiment of Windows Phone 8.1, and features:
- A 20 megapixel PureView camera with ZEISS optics and advanced Rich Recording, delivering a flawless video and imaging experience with new Living Images innovation.
- A stunning design combining elegant metal and vibrant polycarbonate with a 5-inch ClearBlack screen for unmatched viewing of Vyclone, Netflix and Xbox Video, even in bright daylight.
- A Powerful 2.2GHz Snapdragon quad-core processor delivering more from content like apps, games, the Internet and integrated Microsoft services like OneDrive and Microsoft Office.
The Nokia Lumia 930 is expected to roll out globally in June starting with Europe, Asia, Middle East and India, available from USD 599 before taxes and subsidies.
Lumia 630 and Lumia 635
The Nokia Lumia 630 and Nokia Lumia 635 provide an uncompromised Windows Phone 8.1 experience at an affordable price, and deliver:
- A Snapdragon quad core processor providing a faster social experience with Word Flow and social apps like WhatsApp and WeChat.
- A unique colorful design with changeable shells and 4.5" ClearBlack screen delivering a great entertainment experience with apps and games including Asphalt 8 and Vimeo.
- More choice with three variants, including the Lumia 630 in 3G single SIM and the first Lumia with 3G Dual SIM; plus the speedy Lumia 635 in 4G/LTE.
- The same experiences as high-end Lumia smartphones including SensorCore with Bing Health and Fitness, Microsoft Office, Nokia Camera, free Nokia MixRadio streaming, and free Global maps and navigation from HERE, which save time and money.
The Nokia Lumia 630 is expected to roll out in May, beginning with Asia, India/Middle East, South America and Europe, at USD 159 for the single-sim variant, and USD 169 for the dual-sim variant before taxes and subsidies. The Nokia Lumia 635 is expected to be broadly available, including in the US starting in this summer, from USD 189 before taxes and subsidies.
- Sep 4, 2014
Microsoft Announces Nokia Lumia 830, Lumia 735 and Lumia 730 Dual SIM SmartphonesMicrosoft announced on Thursday the Nokia Lumia 830, Lumia 735 and Lumia 730 Dual SIM smartphones running the latest Windows Phone 8. Lumia Camera will initially roll out as an update with Lumia Denim for Lumia 930, Lumia Icon and Lumia 1520 and as an over-the-air update for Lumia 830 in Q4 2014...
- Aug 11, 2014
Nokia 130 Ultra-Affordable Phone To Be Available For 19 EurosRecognizing the rapid growth of ultra-affordable mobile phones, Microsoft Devices Group on Monday unveiled the Nokia 130, a mobile phone designed to introduce millions of people to new digital experiences. “It is estimated that at least 1 billion people in the world still do not have a mobile phone, while at the same time there is increasing demand for reliable backup phones in both mature and high-growth markets.”..
- Jul 23, 2014
Lumia 530: Uncompromised Smartphone Performance For Under 100 EurosMicrosoft Devices Group today announced the Lumia 530, the most affordable Lumia to date, delivering an uncompromised smartphone experience with the latest Microsoft and Lumia innovations. Available in both single-SIM 3G and dual-SIM 3G variants, Lumia 530 will expand the reach of Windows Phone as the first Lumia introduced below 100 euros..
- Jun 24, 2014
Microsoft Unveils Nokia X2On Tuesday, Microsoft Devices Group unveiled the Nokia X2, the newest addition to the expanding Nokia X family of affordable smartphones designed to introduce the “next billion” people to the mobile Internet and cloud services. Like the Nokia X, the new Nokia X2 provides access to a world of Android apps and popular Microsoft services, while allowing people to switch between their favorite apps with the Fastlane feature...
- Feb 24, 2014
Nokia Unveils New Affordable Smartphones: Android-Powered Nokia X, X+ and XL, Asha 230 and Nokia 220Today at Mobile World Congress, Nokia underscored its commitment to connecting the next billion to the Internet by releasing five new affordable handsets, including Nokia X, a family of smartphones that run Android apps, Microsoft services and signature Nokia experiences. "Our deliberate approach is to offer four tiers of products including our affordable entry-level devices like the new Nokia 220; our entry-level Asha touch phones like the new Nokia Asha 230; our new Nokia X, Nokia X+ and Nokia XL smartphones primarily for growth economies; and our Lumia portfolio, which is where we introduce the greatest innovation and provide full compatibility with the Microsoft experience," he added...